Monday, September 21, 2015

Ridin' High, Livin' Free: Hell-Raising Motorcycle Stories

I completed another book by Ralph Sonny Barger, Ridin' High, Livin' Free: Hell-Raising Motorcycle Stories. This book is a collection of brief stories. The stories themselves are an eclectic mix.

The start of the book stated that there’s reasons to believe these stories are true, and reasons they aren’t. It feels like many could be from throughout his life with certain people. Most of them center on a person that’s quite an entertaining character. I suspect he’s blurred some details for personal reasons.

The stories cover everything from spiritual experiences to bare-knuckled brawlers to topics “not safe for work.” I don’t desire to live the life of a rebellious biker, or an extreme rebel period. I don't want the pay cut.

This book isn’t for everyone. If you want to explore a different genre of book, this one shouldn’t disappoint. I also wouldn’t leave it laying around our modern politically correct workplaces. Did I mention some stories are not safe for work?


Motorcycles for mental health