Sunday, October 18, 2015

Riding in the Rain Clinic

I attended a free "Ride in the Rain" clinic. It was sponsored by Eagle Leather, Washington Motorcycle Safety Training, and Puget Sound Safety. The purpose was safety when traveling in less than optimal conditions. I have to say that I'm reassessing my skills. I don't want to ever be at a point where I stop wanting to learn.

I consider myself an all season rider. The conditions I don’t like to ride in are down pouring rain (if I can help it), extreme cold, ice and snow. I know some may claim that you aren’t a "real motorcyclist" if you don’t ride in unsafe conditions. Personally, if your uncomfortable in certain conditions, don’t ride in them! I sure don’t, but getting caught in the rain is going to happen.

We covered proper braking, common braking errors, proper lean angles, ABS brakes and group riding. I know the real purpose for Eagle Leather (in Lakewood, WA) sponsoring this is to sell gear. I have to give credit where credit is due, they are the best motorcycle gear store I have experienced for fitting gear. They are one of my go-to recommendations for helmet fitting. They're one of the rare stores that have a staff that can actually fit you a helmet!

While the clinic was free, Eagle Leather deserves our patronage. If you live in the Puget Sound area, their stores are found Lakewood and Auburn.

Lakewood Location: 10222 South Tacoma Way Lakewood, WA 98499

Auburn Location: 1407 Auburn Way So. Auburn, WA 98002