Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Betrayal (Precinct 11)

Copied from prior blog.

 
Tyndale House Publishers was kind enough to send me a reader review copy of The Betrayal (Precinct 11) by Jerry B. Jenkins. To comply with FTC blogger guidelines and disclosure, I received this book free of charge with the expectation of a review.

If the authors name sounds familiar, that’s probably because he co-authors another popular series of books called Left Behind. If I understand right, this is one of others stories in the Precinct 11 world.

The Betrayal is solely written by Jenkins. I have never read a book in the Left Behind series, nor have I read any books by Jenkins. I’m entering into his work and writing with a first time perspective.

The story this far is a detective is shot while protecting a witness. This witness is needed to “bust” a Chicago crime gang. He suspects an informant is on the inside and that’s where it starts to get interesting. Other then that, I don’t want to give out any spoilers.

The story doesn’t have an aversion to Christianity. God comes up in this book a lot. The story draws you in because you want to see what’s next. That keeps you reading. I understand there’s a Precinct 11 release before this one. I am now interested in checking it out.

Jenkins seems to be a good writer and storyteller. Once this book gets going, it’s hard to put it down. If it wasn’t for my lack of time and busy schedule, I would have easily finished it sooner. If you like police, detective or crime mysteries, you may want to check out this book.


Motorcycles for mental health