Sunday, January 31, 2016

Riding weather is here

Copied from prior blog.

I ride throughout the winter, but only on safe days. A safe day to me is free of hard pouring rain, snow or ice. Nicer riding weather is finally here. I could not find a riding partner today, but that has never stopped me from taking a small trip.



I was curious to see if Mount St. Helens was open for travel. I took the easy side to Johnston Ridge Observatory (named after geologist David A. Johnston). I love traveling Spirit Lake Hwy 504. Mount St. Helens is a volcano. It erupted in 1980.



The history and story is fascinating. I lived through it all. Every year I visit the blast zone a little bit more comes back to life. Ironic it is the opposite of our life. Unlike the blast area that comes back to life year after year, year after year we die a little bit more. Now that was a positive thought.