Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Mountain Loop Highway ride

Triumph America packed up for camping.
There’s a very nice road to travel in Washington, well…used to be nice, called the Mountain Loop Highway. It’s outside Seattle. I spent some time there growing up. Now this place attracts visitors year round. There’s hiking, ghost towns, ice caves, camping, you name it. The place has been discovered. It was ominous to find the old trailer where I once lived.

Home.
Years later, I have returned to charge up and down that highway on a motorcycle. I spent the night in small tent in a barley open campground. It was cold and I couldn't get a fire going. What’s ironic about the bike thing is, my mother used to pick up a guy who lived on the highway, somewhere. He hitchhiked because he couldn’t drive/ride anymore. He had received a horrible head injury due to a motorcycle crash!

Mountain Loop Highway
Staying on the Mountain Loop at a young age, my morning television companions before school were JP Patches, Captain Kangaroo, Marine Boy, etc. My mother used to buy ice cream at the Ike’s Drive In. It’s now gone. I learned to ski at the Mount Pilchuck Ski lodge. It’s now closed and dismantled. I’ve heard there’s a hiking trail up to where the old ski lodge used to stand. I'll have to check it out one day when I'm better prepared.

Motorcycles for mental health