Friday, March 4, 2016

Spirit Lake Highway (State Route 504)

From the Triumph America days...

My Sunday ride was a romp down Washington State Route 505 cutting over to Spirit Lake Highway. Riding up to Mount St. Helen's started out cloudy but quickly turned to rain. Halfway up to the mountain I decided to turn back. The clouds and rain had thickened to a point it wasn’t going to be possible to see the old Volcano.

On my way back down I stopped at an abandon Army Corps of Engineers post. Their purpose back in the day was to control the volcano's debris. Near the post I found an abandon road into woods. It went to an odd shed that was probably used to lock things up. I’m not sure what was being secured.

On the way I saw so many businesses that I remember from past trips. Quit a few were closed up. The ones that were open were in disrepair. They keep telling us it’s getting better, but I’m not seeing it.

Is that an old building in the woods?

It sure is!

But for what?

Gifford Pinchot National Forest

Signs of the times

Motorcycles for mental health