Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Trip to the beach


The beginning of March in the west coast of Washington is always a cloudy and rainy experience. A trip to the beach is at best cold and dreary around this time. However this day a reprieve opened.

This morning I woke up to the sun somewhat beaming through my window. Would it last? Would it stay the afternoon?

I headed early to the beach of Ocean Shores. It was oddly warm and I immediately headed for my favorite Fish & Chips place. The City of Ocean Shores is on a peninsula. Before European settlers the Chinook, Chehalis, and Quinault American tribes used the area for trading.

Today Ocean Shores is used for recreation, vacation housing and events. While it's not a grand place to visit, it's one of the easiest recreational beach areas to get to in Washington. While places in Oregon and elsewhere are more elegant, you won't find the tasty Fish and Chips you do here, Bennett's does the Halibut just right.